The other day I was reading through some favourite blogs and a line caught my eye.
It said fifty before fifty.
Fifty challenges, things to see, achieve, do before you reach the age of fifty.
Well my countdown clock is ticking away at the side of my blog, so why not?
… and then maybe I’ll give myself five years to do fifty five challenges before I’m fifty five, and sixty challenges before I’m sixty in the next five years, there’s always going to be more things I want to see, do or experience.
But first (I’m getting ahead of myself again) fifty before I’m fifty. I sense a new category coming on here.
In no particular order (drum roll please)
- See the Northern Lights
- Read two books a month (that’s 72 before my 50th birthday)
- Travel the coast of Britain in a camper van
- Become a member of the Royal Photographic Society
- Take Man to Paris
- Get married
- Visit every castle in England
- Hold a photographic exhibition
- Write a children’s book
- Get a short story published in a magazine/book
- Gain another qualification
- Visit Edinburgh
- Go camping in my little tent
- Get a passport
- Lose four stone
- Give up smoking
- Go punting at Cambridge
- Go to Whitby to photograph one of the Goth weekends
- Have a go at archery
- Yarn bomb a tree in the name of art
- Give up work to work for myself
- Reach my goal of saving £50,000 so we can
- Buy a house
- Visit every church on the Churches Conservation Trust list
- Make at least one donation to a charity shop/clothing bank etc every month
- Visit Lindisfarne
- Go on a steam train
- Get 500 followers on my blog
- Finally get to live with Man
- Take part in a charity event
- Visit the Lake District with Man
- Take a holiday in Wales
- Buy a car
- Learn a new skill
- Create my own website
- Make myself an item of clothing
- Make a patchwork quilt
- Write a novel
- Watch the sunrise at Stonehenge
- Take some amazing photographs of a beach
- Get more than 100 photographs accepted by stock photo agencies
- Visit the Isle of Man
- Visit the National Media Museum
- Visit the Black Country Museum
- Go on a hike of at least ten miles at least once each year
- Learn to use photoshop expertly
- Make a meal using ingredients I’ve grown myself
- Photograph lightning
- Go on a hovercraft
- Knit a jumper for Man (and make him wear it ha!)
That little lot ought to keep me going for a while.